Anxiety can be debilitating; the good news is that a natural CBD product can help alleviate anxiety symptoms. So, which ones are the best? This article will provide some background information and criteria for choosing the best CBD gummies.
Cannabidiol (CBD) gummies are an excellent choice if you are new to CBD. They generally taste good, you can carry them in your bag and pop them in your mouth when needed. Gummies provide a consistent pre-measured dosage of CBD, another reason why starting with gummies is a good fit for many people. There seems to be a rise in internet searches for CBD Gummies for Anxiety. So, you’re not alone if you are interested too. And you should be because there is promising evidence that suggests CBD may be helpful for anxiety.
Things to consider when choosing your CBD Gummies:
- CBD Potency: Consider the potency of the CBD gummies. Beginners may want to start with lower doses and gradually increase as needed. Yellow Athletic CBD Gummies contain 30 mg of Full Spectrum CBD. 30 mg is a prudent starting dosage. If 30 mg in one gummy isn’t relieving your symptoms , you can take an additional 1-2 gummies.
- Third-Party Testing: Reputable CBD companies often have their products tested by third-party laboratories to ensure quality and potency. Look for products with readily available Certificates of Analysis (COAs) that confirm the CBD content and absence of contaminants. Yellow Athletic’s products are all third-party tested for safety and potency. All test results are here.
- Full-spectrum, Broad-spectrum, or CBD Isolate: Decide if you prefer gummies made from full-spectrum CBD (includes all cannabinoids and terpenes), broad-spectrum CBD (all cannabinoids except THC), or CBD isolate (pure CBD). Each type has its unique properties and potential benefits. Full-Spectrum CBD is considered the best form of CBD because of the entourage effect* and Full Spectrum CBD is what we use exclusively here at Yellow Athletic CBD.
Keep in mind that individual responses to CBD can vary, and what works for one person may not work the same way for another. It's always best to consult with a healthcare professional before adding any new supplements, including CBD, to your routine, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions or are taking other medication. Finding the correct dosage for you can also be a matter of experimentation before finding the ideal amounts and format to choose.
HOW DOES CBD WORK FOR ANXIETY
CBD (cannabidiol) is a non-psychoactive compound derived from the cannabis plant. It has gained popularity recently for its potential health benefits, particularly in managing anxiety. While research on CBD's effects is still ongoing, and the exact mechanisms are not yet fully understood, there are several ways in which CBD may help with anxiety:
- Interaction with the Endocannabinoid System (ECS): CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system, which is crucial in regulating various physiological processes, including mood, stress response, and anxiety. CBD is believed to affect the receptors in the ECS, promoting a balance in the body's response to stress and anxiety.
- Serotonin Receptor Activation: CBD may interact with serotonin receptors in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps regulate mood, and medications that target serotonin receptors are often used to treat anxiety and depression. CBD's effect on these receptors may contribute to its anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing) properties.
- Neurogenesis and Hippocampal Regeneration: Preclinical studies have shown that CBD may promote neurogenesis (the formation of new neurons) in specific brain regions, particularly in the hippocampus. The hippocampus is involved in memory and emotional processing, and its regeneration could potentially play a role in reducing anxiety and improving coping mechanisms.
- Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Effects: CBD possesses anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which may help reduce the impact of oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain. These effects may contribute to a decrease in anxiety symptoms, as chronic inflammation and oxidative stress have been linked to anxiety disorders.
- Sleep Improvement: Anxiety can often lead to sleep disturbances, and CBD may help improve sleep quality. By promoting better sleep, CBD indirectly assists in reducing anxiety levels, as getting enough rest is essential for managing stress and anxiety. CBD products specifically formulated for sleep can also be helpful.
It's important to note that while there is promising evidence from preclinical and some clinical studies suggesting CBD's potential in managing anxiety, more research is needed to fully understand its effects, appropriate dosages, and potential long-term implications. Additionally, individual responses to CBD may vary, and it's always advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement or treatment, especially if you have pre-existing medical conditions or are taking other medications. (See our Article What Medications does CBD interact with? Written by Dr. Morgan)
WHAT IS THE ENTOURAGE EFFECT?
The entourage effect is a term commonly used in the context of CBD (cannabidiol) products and other cannabis-related compounds. It refers to the idea that the combination of various cannabinoids, terpenes, and other plant compounds found in the cannabis plant can have a more significant and beneficial impact when used together, as opposed to using isolated cannabinoids in isolation.
In cannabis, there are over 100 different cannabinoids, such as CBD and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), as well as numerous other compounds like terpenes and flavonoids. Each component can interact with the body's endocannabinoid system in different ways, potentially enhancing or modifying each other's effects. This synergy results in a more potent and well-rounded therapeutic effect when the compounds are used together, compared to using CBD or THC alone.
For consumers, this concept has led to the popularity of full-spectrum CBD products, which contain a variety of cannabinoids and terpenes, as well as broad-spectrum CBD products, which contain multiple cannabinoids and terpenes but without THC. These products offer a more holistic and potentially more effective experience compared to CBD isolates. Yellow Athletic CBD Gummies are Full Spectrum, containing .3% THC to provide the entourage effect, but not enough to produce a psychoactive response, and within the federally legal THC threshold.
When searching for the best CBD gummies for anxiety relief, it's essential to prioritize quality, safety, and effectiveness. Look for products sourced from high-quality, traceable grown hemp. Third-party testing and readily available Certificates of Analysis are crucial to ensure the CBD content and absence of contaminants. Pay attention to the ingredients list and opt for products with natural and minimal additives, avoiding allergens and excessive sugar. Ultimately, selecting between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or CBD isolate gummies depends on personal preferences and desired effects. Always prioritize your health and well-being, and seek professional advice before incorporating any new supplements into your routine. By making informed choices, you increase your chances of finding CBD gummies that may provide the anxiety relief you seek.
- 'An entourage effect': new clues on how low-dose CBD products work
- Cannabis sativa L. and Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoids: Their Chemistry and Role against Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Cancer.
- Cannabinoid receptor CB1 mediates baseline and activity-induced survival of new neurons in adult hippocampal neurogenesis
- Cannabinoids and Neurogenesis: The Promised Solution for Neurodegeneration?