We hear it repeatedly: Quality sleep is vital to our health. Period. The good news is CBD oil for Sleep is a promising solution to your sleep troubles.
There are books, podcasts, videos, influencers, and articles that advise us on how to get better sleep. CBD oils are one of the easiest ways to get quality sleep. CBD offers many other benefits, too, such as reducing pain and inflammation and managing anxiety. Some people just need to get their bodies into a sound sleep rhythm; CBD can help you achieve this goal. To get started, as with any supplement or product, quality matters.
When choosing a CBD oil for sleep, you might want to consider the following factors:
- Quality and Purity: Look for CBD oils derived from high-quality, organically-grown hemp. Third-party lab testing can provide assurance about the product's purity and potency.
- CBD Spectrum: CBD oils can be categorized into three main types: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolates. Full-spectrum oils contain CBD and other beneficial compounds found in hemp, including trace amounts of THC (within legal limits) that enhance the entourage effect. Broad-spectrum oils are similar but typically do not contain THC. CBD isolates are pure CBD without other compounds. Some people find that full-spectrum oils with trace amounts of THC offer enhanced sleep benefits due to the entourage effect, where the various compounds work synergistically.
- Dosage: Finding the right dosage is crucial. Start with a low dose and gradually increase until you achieve the desired effect. It's best to follow the manufacturer's instructions or consult a healthcare professional for guidance.
- Reviews and Reputation: Look for reputable brands with positive customer reviews and a transparent manufacturing process.
- Additional Ingredients: Some CBD oils for sleep may contain additional ingredients, such as CBN (see below), melatonin, or lavender, known for their sleep-promoting properties. These ingredients can complement the effects of CBD.
Remember, CBD affects individuals differently, so what works for someone else may not work the same for you. It may require some trial and error to find the best CBD oil and dosage for your specific needs.
What is CBN?
For a more enhanced sleep-inducing effect, consider CBD products that specifically include CBN, such as our CBD Sleep Oil.
CBN, or cannabinol, is a cannabinoid compound found in cannabis plants. It is known for its potential sedative and sleep-inducing effects. While research on CBN is still limited, it is believed to interact with the body's endocannabinoid system to promote relaxation and improve sleep quality.
Here's a brief explanation of how CBN may work to aid sleep:
- Interaction with Cannabinoid Receptors: CBN is thought to interact with cannabinoid receptors in the body, specifically CB1 receptors in the brain and nervous system. By binding to these receptors, CBN may influence various physiological processes, including sleep.
- Sedative Properties: CBN has been suggested to possess sedative properties, which can contribute to its potential sleep-enhancing effects. It may help calm the mind and promote relaxation, making it easier to fall asleep.
- Increased GABA Activity: CBN may enhance the activity of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter known for its inhibitory effects in the brain. GABA helps reduce neuronal activity, promoting feelings of relaxation and reducing anxiety, which can aid in falling asleep.
- Pain Relief: CBN may also have analgesic properties, meaning it may help alleviate pain. Chronic pain can disrupt sleep, and by reducing pain levels, CBN may indirectly contribute to better sleep quality.
Sleep is a fundamental biological process crucial to maintaining our overall health and well-being. If you need more convincing to make sleep a priority in your life, read on:
- Restoration and rejuvenation: During sleep, our bodies undergo various restorative processes, such as tissue repair, muscle growth, and the release of –growth hormones. Sleep allows our bodies to recover and replenish energy levels.
- Cognitive function and brain health: Adequate sleep is essential for optimal cognitive function, including memory consolidation, learning, problem-solving, and creativity. It helps enhance attention, concentration, and overall mental performance.
- Emotional well-being: Sufficient sleep contributes to emotional stability and regulation. It helps regulate mood, reduce stress, and improve overall emotional well-being. Lack of sleep, on the other hand, can lead to irritability, mood swings, and increased vulnerability to stress.
- Physical health: Sleep is closely linked to various aspects of physical health. It supports a healthy immune system, helping to fight off infections and reduce the risk of chronic illnesses such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases. Sufficient sleep is also associated with a lower risk of accidents and injuries.
- Mental health: Sleep plays a vital role in maintaining good mental health. Chronic sleep deprivation is linked to an increased risk of developing mental health disorders, including depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. Quality sleep supports emotional resilience and helps improve overall mental well-being.
- Hormonal regulation: Sleep plays a significant role in regulating hormone levels in the body. It helps balance hormones related to appetite and metabolism, such as leptin and ghrelin, which can impact weight management. Sufficient sleep also supports reproductive health and hormone production.
- Enhanced performance and productivity: Quality sleep has a direct impact on our daily performance and productivity. It improves focus, concentration, decision-making abilities, and reaction times. Getting enough sleep ensures optimal performance in various areas, including work, academics, and physical activities.
- Longevity and overall health: Studies have shown that consistent, adequate sleep increases longevity. Sleep supports overall health by reducing the risk of chronic diseases, promoting healthy aging, and contributing to a better quality of life.
It's important to note that individual sleep needs may vary, and it's recommended to aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep for most adults. Prioritizing good sleep habits and creating a conducive sleep environment can maximize the benefits of CBD/CBN. In addition, when it comes to CBD oil for sleep, it's important to note that individual experiences may vary. What works best for one person may not have the same effect on another. It's also important to consult with a healthcare professional before using CBD oil, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications. (See our Article “Safety Considerations of CBD”)
It is indisputable that quality sleep is essential to our health. If you are considering using CBD/CBN oil for sleep, it's essential to prioritize products from reputable brands that prioritize quality and transparency. Yellow Athletic’s Sleep Blend is made with natural, high-end ingredients, made in a GMP facility that prioritizes Good manufacturing principles and is third-party tested.
“The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to” – F. Scott Fitzgerald. So, get some help achieving your optimal sleep with Yellow Athletic’s Sleep Blend oil.